This expansion is about more than bringing works from the collection out on public view. It’s also about creating a compelling narrative for Batavia and furthering the museum’s mission of expanding perceptions of Batavia, Illinois, its landscape and cultures.
- Provide greater public access to the museum’s growing collection
- Create dedicated physical space for new exhibits of the museum
- Create positive, engaging and relevant museum experiences
- Help museum visitors understand Batavia through a variety of experiences
- Connect people, expand perspectives, and educate visitors
The Batavia Historical Society, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, plans to raise $2.0 million to fund the expansion of the Depot Museum. Through the efforts of its dedicated volunteers, the Batavia Historical Society plans to raise funds through corporate gifts, grants from foundations, personal donations, local businesses, civic organizations, and other fund-raising activities.